In the ANSI C63.4-2009 (1 - 18 GHz) Scheme, participants are required to make the following kinds of measurements:
- Direct Antenna Conducted Emissions Peak measurements.
- Direct Antenna Conducted Emissions Average measurements.
- Radiated Emissions Peak measurements at the 3 m distance, in Horizontal Polarization.
- Radiated Emissions Average measurements at the 3 m distance, in Horizontal Polarization.
- Radiated Emissions Peak measurements at the 3 m distance, in Vertical Polarization.
- Radiated Emissions Average measurements at the 3 m distance, in Vertical Polarization.
MAJOR EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES PRE-REQUISITE REQUIREMENTS
The OATS or RF Semi-Anechoic Chamber Facilities used must meet the Site Validation criteria of ANSI C63.4-2009 and/or CISPR 16-1-4:2007. [That is, the test site must have met the NSA or VSA requirements from 30 MHz to 1 GHz in both Horizontal Polarization and Vertical Polarization at the 3 meter distance and, if applicable, at the 10 m distance; and, either (or both) of the two Site Validation alternatives specified in Clause 5.5 of ANSI C63.4-2009]. A Calibrated EMI Receiver or Calibrated Spectrum Analyzer is required. A Wood Table is required. Either a Boresight Mast or a Standard (Non-Boresight Mast) with a manually-adjustable tilting mechanism is required; Horn and/or Hybrid Antennas that have been calibrated per ANSI C63.5-2006 are required. Note: if your antennas were calibrated per ANSI C63.5-1988 or ANSI C63.5-1998, please enroll in the ANSI C63.4-2003 (1 GHz – 18 GHz) Scheme rather than this Scheme.
Time-Domain Receivers are prohibited. The use of EPS (e.g., Styrofoam®) tables, foam columns, and cell-phone support towers are prohibited. Antennas calibrated to earlier versions of ANSI C63.5 (i.e., ANSI C63.5-1988 or ANSI C63.5-1998) are prohibited. The use of a Conventional (Non-Boresight) Mast that is NOT equipped with a manually-adjustable tilting mechanism is prohibited.
First participant (test operator) at a given location
Additional participants (2nd through 4th participant at same location)
One additional week at same location (up to 4 additional participants)